Friday 28 March 2008

More............

Although findings have slowed down a bit it is amazing what you can find out on the internet.
Firstly i had another certificate come. Now this is irrelevant in my searchings but it was something i just wanted to know. That is why did Harrys first wife Beatrice die so very young(she was 29). I ordered her death certificate and it seems she was pregnant and died from a ruptured uterus and shock. What a very awful way to die and i do actually feel sorry for Harry as he must have lost not only his widfe but unborn child too.
I still hadn't had any luck finding Harrys birth registry but came across a family tree on Ancestry of a lady with the surname Gower. It had Harrys father James in there plus his brother James Leeson Gower. Harrys fathers middle name is a bit of a mystery. On Harry and Roses marriage certificate it says James Butler Gower. On Harry and Beatrices marriage certificate it says James Buckley Gower(as it says on the ladies family tree on Ancestry). But for the time he was born the only James Gower i can find is James Buckby Gower so god knows which one is correct!!
As if that isn't enough James appears to have been married twice. It looks as if James and one of his wives had a child out of wedlock. The wifes name was Mary Ward. There is a childs name with a double barrelled surname - Ward Gower. I have found a Harry Ward born at the right time so i am hoping that this is indeed Harry Gower born illegitimately. Can't do anything until i get the birth certificate now.
Yesterday i managed to find out where Rose Gower is buried. At first it seemed like we would never know because the Cemetary at Burngreave had no plot number next to her name. I had to call Bereavement services who at first told me the same thing, then she went away and searched for me and came back with Plot MM grave no 1839. I was ecstatic that i had managed to find out. After going to the cemetary though it wasn't that easy to find and i came away no being able to find it :( I have asked Burngreave cemetary if they can tell me graves nearby so i can locate it. It's an unmarked grave and what they call a common grave so there are many bodies in there, all unrelated. It unfortunately means that we can never put a headstone there.
I did have a bit of luck though. I managed to find the grave of the Charlesworths. They were my mums adopted family and my grandparents and great grandparents. I have started their family tree too so more work for me to do!!The Charlesworth Grave

Grandma Rose is there somewhere!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow - you have been delving haven't you. It gets more and more interesting - although its now like an episode of Soap and I am confused as to who is who's parents -
hehehehe