Sunday 23 March 2008

Bloomin heck!

Well it doesn't rain does it but pours!
I have found out as much info in 24hrs that in about 2 wks i think!
I don't really know where to start so i guess i shall have to condense things.
Firstly i received Clarries marriage certificate which clarified that she indeed was born illegitimately and was therefore Clarrie Wild Innocent. They were indeed married in 1916. Her father was Arthur Wild but i don't know too much about him. I have ordered Clarries birth certificate for more info although it could well be blank as his name wasn't on the wedding certificate. Clarries mother was Mary Jane Innocent born c1871. I've also managed to find Mary Janes parents. They were George Innocent c1837 and Sarah Ann Gibson c1840. Normally finding a womans maiden name is difficult but fortunately for me Sarah Ann and George were living with Sarahs parents and so her maiden name was visable in the census. I have managed to go back to the 1700s on this line but will blog about that another day or i'll just confuse myself.
I've also done a bit more digging on Harry who has remained very elusive! I found his father on Ancestry.com. He was called James Buckley Gower although on his marriage certificate to Rose it said he was James Butler Gower. Anyway, someone else has him in there tree on Ancestry and through that i managed to find him in the 1901 census. It seems he was married twice and it looks like Harry may have been born out of wedlock. His mother may have been Mary Ward and on doing a search i have found a Harry Ward born around the time he would have been and in the area. So i have ordered the certificate and am praying it's for the right Harry! I also managed to find out James parents. They were Thomas Gower born c1814 and Elizabeth ? born c1827. they seem to have come from Lincolnshire. Will let you know more another time otherwise your brain may fry like mine!!

No comments: